Boston Braves Trolley Car Sign
Before they moved to Milwaukee in 1953, the Boston Braves and their Braves Field were tallying one of the lowest attendance numbers in baseball, while their more popular sister stadium, Fenway Park, kept the turnstiles spinning. As trolleys chimed along, this extensive sign pointed travelers in the direction of Braves Field, among other Beantown locations such as Northeastern University, Boston College, and Fenway Park. With loads of trolley stops mentioned, this sign measures 5 feet wide and over 13 feet long, and is EX. It is rolled on to long metal, cogged poles, and is made of a black, tough paper material, which only has a few light tears on side and a few small holes in its center, as well a being heavily weathered. It stands the test of time with solid white block lettering, making for a direct route to Boston, and this item's 1940's vintage.