Consign Your Best Items with Lelands. We Also Pay Cash on the Spot! Learn More Here.

Great Collection of Baseball Player Off-Season Jobs Photos 1920s-1950s (42)

Great Collection of Baseball Player Off-Season Jobs Photos 1920s-1950s (42)

Before the days of multimillion dollar contracts, even great MLB players had to work in the off-season and this collection of (42) Wire photographs captures players like Larry Kopf selling cars, Hal Newhauser checking on an order as a Sales Rep. and even “Fidgety Phill” Collins decapitating turkeys for the holiday season. The collection dates from the 20's through the 50's with the bulk of the collection dating in the 30's and 40's, no surpirise with the weak economy followed by wartime. Approximately 60% of the photos are 8x10”, the other 40% are 7x9”, there are some that are slightly larger and some slightly smaller. The entire collection is in great condition having only minor wrinkling and age discoloration; 70% rate VG and 30% rate EX. Close to 90% of the collection has a hologram decal attached to the verso that is printed Original Baseball Magazine, 1996 and is issued by Christie’s.

Past Sports Card, Memorabilia, Non-Sports Card and Collecitble Auction Items

Other past auction items that may be of interest to you.

Baseball Hall of Famer Rogers Hornsby Photographs (8)
1936 Lefty O'Doul Day PCL Baseball Negatives (5)
1950's-60's Frank Thomas Baseball Photographs (27)
Joe Gordon Baseball Photographs (75)
Juan Marichal Baseball Photographs (32)
1943 Lefty O'Doul PCL Baseball Negatives (9)
1936 Hal Chase Baseball Negatives (2)
Harvey Haddix Baseball Photographs (21)