As Copywriter, you will be an important member of the most exciting team in sports memorabilia. You will research and develop accurate and compelling descriptions about sports cards, sports memorabilia and non-sports for upcoming auction catalogs. This is a highly critical role that ensures success for our consignor clients and drives excitement and interest among our bidding customers.
You will use your knowledge of the “hobby” to research the pieces and collections we receive, gather and verify valuable information, and then create compelling catalog descriptions for presentation in our auctions. Your accuracy with content and your use of captivating descriptions is one of the key elements to our Company’s success.
You should know a lot about sports cards and/or sports memorabilia. You must have excellent command of the written word and the ability to create convincing copy for our catalogs. Competent organizational skills are necessary. You should enjoy and celebrate achievements – ferreting out information about the “stuff”, creating fabulous copy, tying up loose ends, meeting deadlines, and finishing the job. You have a high-level of energy and can multitask in a spirited, fast-paced environment with ease.
• A Bachelor’s degree is preferred but we are willing to work with experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of overall experience in sports memorabilia and/or cards. Hobby enthusiasts are encouraged to apply!
• Accomplished writing and story-telling skills.
• An elevated level of interpersonal and communication skills to work effectively with the team.
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications – excellent command of MS Word is a must.
• Catalog writing experience is a plus!