20 Reds items we are fascinated by at Leland's auction
Looking for Cincinnati Reds items for your man cave? Leland's Invitational online auction is running through Aug. 17 and we've been busy looking for interesting items related to the team. Here are 20 interesting Reds items with links that we found at the auction.
* 1869 - Solid gold watch fob with diamond chip originally presented to Edward Townley, treasurer and one of the founding officers of the Cincinnati Red Stockings
* 1894 - Ticket from Reds game
* 1902 - Cincinnati hotel registrar signed by the Reds
* 1919 - Tickets from the Reds-Chicago White Sox series, which was marred by the "Black Sox" gambling scandal
* 1950s-1960s - Reds travel trunk
* 1952-1953 - Rogers Hornsby Reds manager's bat
* 1966 - Pete Rose game-worn jersey
* Late 1960s - Rose game worn helmet
* 1970 - Rose game-used bat
* 1975 - Baseball signed by the entire team
* 1978 - Johnny Bench Reds game-worn jersey
* 1978 - Jersey worn by Sparky Anderson during the team's tour of Japan
* 1980s - Set of last three contracts from Rose
* 1980s - Rose game-worn helmet and batting gloves
* 1981 - Baseball from Rose's hit that tied Stan Musial's National League record
* 1982 - Tom Seaver Reds game-worn jersey
* 1985 - Pete Rose silkscreen by Andy Warhol
* 1989 - Ball signed by Rose and former MLB Commissioner Bart Giamatti
* 1995 - Deion Sanders game-worn Reds jersey
* 1998 - Barry Larkin game-worn Reds jersey
The auction also features items from University of Cincinnati and NBA legend Oscar Robertson's personal collection.
See the article here.